We welcome you to the 4th edition of Saveetha Dental College’s International Conference on case reports and cases series, ShowCASE 2018 which will be held on the 23rd and 24th of March 2018. We are excited to announce that for the first time, the conference will be held in collaboration with the European Society of Cosmetic Dentistry (ESCD). We encourage every dentist with an eye for challenging diagnostic dilemmas and clinical finesse to showcase their expertise and talent. This conglomeration of unique case reports and case series provides a platform to all dental practitioners, postgraduate and undergraduate dental students to display their technical skills and knowledge. In addition to paper and poster presentations, interested delegates can publish their case presentations as 'Case Reports' in a leading journal and there is prize money worth over INR 40,000 to be won. We consider it an honor to host the region’s finest dental practitioners and we look forward to seeing you at ShowCASE 2018!
ShowCASE 2018 Highlights
Delegates will have the opportunity to listen to some of the finest clinicians during the course of the competition with inputs on case documentation, leading innovations and addressing various challenges during the course of dental treatment.
Who can participate?
Showcase 2018 is an ideal platform for all dental undergraduates, postgraduates, fellowship/diplomate students, dental faculty and private practitioners to present their finest case report/case series.
Delegates can present their papers in either of the following specialities: Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery, Orthodontics, Pedodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Endodontics, Conservative Dentistry or Implants/ Interdisciplinary Dentistry.
Across all specialties, delegates have the option of presenting their cases in any of the three categories: Basic Clinical Cases, Advanced Clinical Cases and Master Clinical Cases with each successive category emphasizing on the skill level and quality of the case. Delegates in the Master Clinical Case Category will be judged on the criteria of diagnostic challenges, aesthetic balance, restorative finesse, surgical skill, interdisciplinary approach and pedodontic care. We therefore encourage delegates to focus on these defined areas*.
*Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of expert referees on the documentation received. The sole decision will be based on the discretion of the panel which will be final and irrevocable. Delegates will be informed of allocation into the Paper or Poster presentation category latest by 3 March 2018.
Awards for Presentation:
Basic and Advanced Clinical Cases Category: Session winners from each speciality from Day 1 will have to compete further on Day 2 to be awarded the overall winner in their respective speciality.
Master Clinical Cases Category: The best 15 papers from Day 1 in this category will be given a bigger platform on Day 2 to showcase their work and subsequently winners will be awarded on the six broad areas of focus with a collective cash prize of INR 25,000/-.
Among the Master Clinical Cases presented, an Overall Master Clinical Expertise Award will be awarded approximately INR 15,000/- which will be waived off as the registration fees by for the upcoming ESCD Conference to be held in Lisbon, Portugal in June 2018. To know more about ESCD, visit www.escdonline.eu
Registration is mandatory to participate in the conference and/or paper/poster categories.
Registered delegates must submit abstracts by 28th February 2018 to participate in paper/ poster presentation.
Registration will include delegate passes, publication of your cases presented at the conference in a leading journal, passes for lunch and high tea for two days.
Once registered, cancellation or refund of the fees will not be entertained.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of expert referees on the documentation received. The sole decision will be based on the discretion of the panel which will be final and irrevocable. Delegates will be informed of allocation into the Paper or Poster presentation category latest by 3 March 2018.
Abstracts must include the name of the presenter, title, sub-category, registration number and accompanying photographic documentation which must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words as a Word document (docx.).
Abstracts must include a brief statement of the background, description of the procedure(s) and/or findings with a description of the achieved outcome(s).
The abstract submission must be accompanied by mandatory pre- and post-operative images. Besides these, any three other images may also be submitted.
A delegate may present only one case report/ series.
All unpublished completed case report manuscripts will be considered for publication in a Scopus-indexed journal.
Paper Presentation Guidelines
1. Only one delegate is allowed to present his/ her paper. Co-authors may be acknowledged but will not receive a certificate for the same.
2. A delegate is allowed to present only one paper.
3. Presentations may be in Keynote(key) or Powerpoint (pptx) format following the aspect ratio 16:9.
4. Presenters bringing MacBooks must bring their own VGA adapters and pointers for the presentation.
5. Videos incorporated in the presentation must be in MP4 format. Presenters must ensure that videos incorporated must play without any further delay.
6. Time allotted: 6 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes discussion.
E-Poster Presentation Guidelines
Only one delegate is allowed to present his/ her poster. Co-authors may be acknowledged but will not receive a certificate for the same.
A delegate is allowed to present only one poster.
E-posters must be made in PowerPoint(pptx) or Keynote(key) with a 16:9 ratio at 1080p resolution.
Posters should include the author name, registration number and affiliated institute with emphasis on case photographs.
The completion of the following affirmations is mandatory in order to submit your abstract:
• I understand that if the abstract is accepted, ShowCASE 2018 will hold the copyright.
• I have received the permission of all authors to sign and provide a copyright transfer agreement which transfers copyright to ShowCASE 2018.
• By submitting an abstract, you represent that you own or otherwise have rights to the written summaries of research or observations ("Abstract") provided by you to ShowCASE 2018, utilizing this site.
• In case of unsuccessfully applying for paper presentationn the category of my preference, I will accept a change in categories of paper presentation or poster presentation.
• I affirm that if this abstract is accepted as a Poster presentation, it will be submitted and presented as poster following the general rules of poster format preparation.
I understand and will abide by the decision of the committee which will be final.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACTS TO email@example.com with your Booking reference number or Booking ID .
- Dr. Ashok : 9442382772
- Dr. Suresh : 9543132858
- Dr. Caroline : 9840035702
- Dr. Seethalan : 9445483310